Monday, August 25, 2008

Gold

As some of you may know I'm not the biggest fan of the NBA. Notwithstanding I did stay up late to watch the Gold medal game in the Olympics. I still feel the same about the NBA. Lets face it these guys are just better and enough of them bought into the "TEAM" enabling them to do what is expected. But I still saw Kobe jack shots up trying to one-up the opponent that just scored on him. I still saw Dwayne Wade try to fullback his way to the hoop, completely out of control. But without these two they may not have won. Wade's closing speed is phenomenal, no crosscourt pass is safe while he is on the floor. And Kobe was simply Kobe down the stretch. No one is better in pressure situations. While the game was in doubt Kobe had his hand in 15 straight points.


Memo to writers, sports columnists, and all other honks who think its worth comparing this team to the '92 Team. Sure there are some intriguing matchups, but thats it. The '92 Team is bigger, they can shoot, and are much more unselfish (30 assist per game vs. 19)with their superior talent. You could run 2 average NBAers out with Larry, Magic, and Michael and beat anyone on the planet.



2 comments:

chris and janene said...

I agree - the original Dream Team was the perfect team. Chris and I also stayed up (or rather woke back up) to watch the gold medal game. It was great. It is so fun to watch this group of NBA players play together as a team and show so much patriotism and comraderie. GO USA!!!

Unknown said...

Bobby - You need a DVR or something.